CURRENT COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES (Last updated 04/22/2021)
As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation in tandem with adhering to diocesan regulations, the Parish of Saint Clare of Assisi is currently implementing the following protocols:
- The wearing of a mask remains a requirement for all indoor gatherings and events.
- Weekend Masses: Our current weekend Mass schedule consists of a 5:00 p.m. Mass on Saturday and 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Masses on Sunday, all held inside the Performing Arts Center (PAC) of Bishop England High School. Maximum capacity for weekend Masses in the PAC is currently set at 220 seats, with every row available to sit in. Congregants are asked to leave three seats of distance between one household and the next. Because we have a maximum capacity, reservations for weekend Masses are still required. The link to make a reservation is sent out to registered parishioners via email each Thursday at noon.
- As more people return to Mass celebrations, we strongly urge you to cancel or not make a reservation if you cannot attend, so that as many people as possible may be able to attend Mass!
- The holy water font has returned to the entrance of the PAC, and the offertory procession has been reinstated. Some liturgical ministries are active again, check in with the Director of Music and Liturgy for more information.
- Communion under the species of the Sacred Host, received in the hand, remains the norm.
- The Diocese continues to offer a dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation to the elderly, the medically compromised and those who feel uncomfortable returning to Mass in person. Those who are otherwise able to attend Mass are heartily encouraged to come partake again of the Eucharistic feast.
- Outdoor Option - For those not comfortable being inside, live sound from the 9:00 a.m. Sunday Mass will be broadcasted outside the building if you would like to come out and sit on the lawn, or in your car with the windows down, to listen to Mass. Near the conclusion of the liturgy, a minister will come out to distribute Holy Communion to anyone listening and participating outside. We also continue to live-stream Saturday 5:00 p.m. Mass on YouTube, for those who need to participate from home.
- Daily Masses: Every pew at Holy Cross will be available for the 8:00 a.m. Daily Masses Mondays through Thursdays. Separate households should continue to sit at least six feet apart, reservations are not required for daily Mass.
- Parish Office: Beginning Monday, May 3rd, the parish office will be open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Several staff members have flexibility to meet with you at other places and times, or by Zoom, so please reach out to them via their individual contact information to set up an appointment.
- Confessions: The sacrament of Reconciliation is offered every Wednesday at the parish office from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Vaccines - If you have any questions about which vaccines were or were not ethically produced, and how that affects our choices as Catholics, Father West has provided this useful information for your aid.